July 07, 2007

Ajmeri Dervish





"The sufis breath nothing but love"


morning dew drop.2


In the hand the goblet
In the goblet wine
In the wine a reflection of the Friend's beauty
In sin I am seeing the face of virtue's reward


Dew-dropped gladioli


Someone's beauty has preoccupied my heart
Life's burdens before his inspiration possessed my eve-heavy life.

I see my Friend, I see nothing but my Friend
Love's wine transports me with his ever-present sight.

Eternal life which so interanimates one's limbs
Someone's love bestoved on me with ever-quickening grace.

Banished is desire for wine, goblet and decanter
The Friend's grace imbues me with ever-entracing delight.

Thank God for freedom from dying
My annihilation revived me with ever-refreshing life.

A single glance initiates such ever-abundant grace
Neither world knows deficiency since he filled me from his ever-plenty eyes.

Communion with the Profet is the blessing of this threshold
Of course the dust from Ali's doorsteps is my ever-dearest prize.

Death forever exiled, shall never have access here again, Oh Khadim,
Once perfect love bestows its ever-living miracle.




(Mystic Poetry of Ajmeri Dervish - Gudri Shah Baba III )

Poetry Source: sufi-mystic.net
Photo Credit: j.warmack , stitchwitch

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to deal with pain in love

Sufi head-dress and pearl decorations (via  Wikimedia Commons ) I asked the Sufi master to put his spell to turn my heart into a stone, to d...